Initial Action List from the Meeting held on 27 June 2017:
1. Big problem is speed.
2. Request traffic lights on road.
3. Road lighting at junctions, (many requests for this)
4. 30 mph speed limit at junctions.
5. Solid white lines outside Crambeck, (many requests for this)
6. Verges and grass in centre reservation to be cut.
7. Educate children about road crossing.
8. Footbridge at crossing.
9. Refuge island at Crambeck crossing.
10. Average speed cameras on this part of 464.
11. Slip roads at junctions.
12. Trees cut back so better visibility of people at bus stops and for people to see traffic and the bus coming.
l-3. A new path to be built down and under Crambeck bridge and back up to Crambeck village.
14. Roundabout for Welburn and Crambeck to join the 464 and slow traffic.
15. Speed cameras.
16. Road signs……. Accident blackspotl
17. Better road markings.
18. Direct action by residents.
19. 50 mph limit at junctions after end of dual carriageway.
20. Pedestrian crossing signs.
21. Policing at the junctions.
22. Bus stop lay-bys off carriageway.
23. More money for traffic control/calming.
24. A short term plan + a long term plan for the junctions.
25. Foot crossing illumination, LED lighting powered by solar panels to light the kerb to prevent tripping at the carriageway edge where kerb is difficult to see in the dark at crossings.
26. Rumble strips on road to slow traffic.
27. Road lighting near the bus stops.
28. Crossing button for bus passengers to press to make some warning sign illuminate to warn motorists of pedestrians about to cross the road.
29. Underpass with pedestrian/cycles/mobility scooter access.
At the meeting 45 out of 109 people present said they either did not use the Coastliner bus or they did not allow their children to use the Coastliner or older people were not allowed by their children to use the Coastliner because of fear of crossing the A64l !